Welcome to the awards categories page
Sponsored by University of Southampton Science Park
Open to any business which is achieving business success through innovative application of new ideas, technology or practices.
Demonstrating achievement of two or more of the following:
- A product or process that has made a significant difference to sales revenue
- A commitment to the use of technology that has led to business success
- Evidence of an innovative approach to marketing, management or product development
Sponsored by Test Valley Borough Council
Open to any business which began trading after January 2013.
- Continued growth since start-up
- Meeting and overcoming challenges
- Demonstrating originality
Sponsored by Wilkins Kennedy
Open to any business employing up to 15 people.
- Focus on quality customer service
- Recent successes and future challenges
- Achieving targets
Sponsored by Taylored IT
A business with a strong connection to their local community (e.g. marketing, trading, recruiting, sourcing locally).
The business can demonstrate how its relationship with its community is key and can show interesting ways of linking with its locality.
Enter / nominate a business
Sponsored by Andover College
Judges will be looking for evidence of where a business has exceeded normal standards and expectations in facilitating a high-quality Apprenticeship experience.
Examples of good practice could include:
- Providing an opportunity that has offered an Apprentice exceptional personal development and mentoring support.
- Where an Apprentice has been empowered to make significant contribution to business success/growth.
- Provision of additional learning opportunities above and beyond training provided by the apprentice training provider.
- Evidence of a positive onward journey, either through retention by the employer, or progression post-Apprenticeship.
Sponsored by Phoenix Transconnect
A special award for women in business with a strong connection to their local community (eg marketing, trading, recruiting, sourcing locally).
Demonstrating achievement of at least four of the below:
- Sole trader or has own business, who goes the extra mile to support the community and/or charity
- Someone who demonstrates total professionalism in everything she does
- Active within networking groups
- Actively supporting other women in business, with a willingness to share experiences and learning with others
- Willingness to guide and encourage younger women and those still studying
Find out everything you need to know about the Test Valley Business Awards 2017 and enter today!